Not Just for your Mama
You know the enormous pile of ugly framed prints propped or piled at each thrift store? Below is one way to take one of those and turn it into something great.
Pictured below is an example of something you might find. Typically, you can find some pretty HUGE prints for pretty reasonable prices. (Between $5-$10)
Here are the quick and easy steps…
1. Take the ugly print out of the frame.
2. If needed give the frame a quick quote of spray paint. (whichever matches your decor)
3. Measure and order (online) a photo to take the place of the ugly print. (The opening for mine was a 20×30, which is BIG! I ordered mine 1 hour photo through Sam’s Club and only paid $8.50) Quite a deal.
4. Remove the original matte from the ugly print and place it (tape it) to your newly printed photo.
5. Put the newly professionally matted (right) print back into the newly painted frame.
6. Place your new ginormous (but totally inexpensive) framed and matted print in the perfect place in your home.
7. Enjoy it all year long.
I dont know about you, but I sorta always thought only “real” grownups could afford to have HUGE family prints over their fireplaces. Let’s be real…I am far from a “real” grownup, but for under $20 I have truly come close.